Monday 28 June 2010

Research and Genres.

Throughout the project I will intend to create a Digipack, which will include my movie trailer, poster and the DVD cover. At the moment there is only a couple of genres that I intend to use, these being either a Thriller or Horror. I will look at different films in these two genres and then decide which one I find the best to use and pursue.

Thriller films I could look at include: The Godfather, Shifty and The Dark Knight.
Horror films I could look at include: The Saw collection, Scream, Halloween, ect..
With these films I will also need to find a suitable soundtrack for parts of the trailer to create suspense and enhance the trailer, I will use Garage bands to find different artists within which would suit the genre of the film that I choose to take forward.

As I go through the project I will find different trailers that suit what I want to do in my trailer, and I will research them as well as these listed here. I also intend to use YouTube to find different amateur movie trailers for other students that have done movie trailers for their A level, I think this would be very useful to see different techniques used that are accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment